As a resident of Blue Ridge, I believe shopping local is a great way to support the community. Often, I am able to find unique gifts that may not be sold at malls or chain stores. Also, many visitors to the area like the idea of buying gifts for friends and family that they can say they purchased in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia! The following is a list of suggestions of 10 places to shop local while in Blue Ridge.
1. Serenity in the Mountains – Stop in one of the most prestigious spas in North Georgia and purchase a gift certificate for a weekend away to the spa for some serious relaxation for your special someone! (Men, you could truly score points with this one!)
2. Cohutta Country Store – Friday night, December 14th, Cohutta will have a 20% off sale from 6 to 8pm of all of their regular priced clothes, boots and accessories. Great quality products for the person who loves western wear…Go ahead and purchase your loved one some boots to get them ready for next years rodeo! Enjoy the video that will show you so many of these great items!
3. The Amish Store -A yummy place to purchase food for the person who has it all but can appreciate high quality organic meats, cheeses, gluten free products, jams, jellies and much more. I love this idea for co-workers and teachers.
4. Blue Ridge Inn Bed & Breakfast-How about a weekend away to one of Blue Ridge’s greatest and close to town Inns. A good gift for that loved one that really could use a good break and enjoy one of North Georgia’s “hippest” towns!
5. Sycamore Crossing – Who can shop in here without finding a truly unique accessory for the home? A great choice for the friend who loves to decorate. I have no doubt you can find a fabulous gift for anyone at this fine shop.
6. Majestic Child -Absolutely beautiful clothing and children’s accessories. Truly a grandparents dream shop for their special grandchild!
7. Gift cards to Harvest on Main or Christy Lee’s – Many times our loved ones will not spend money on themselves for a nice evening out. Treat them with a gift card to dinner at one of these famous Blue Ridge restaurants that offer atmosphere and quality!
8. Blue Ridge Fly Fishing Company – how about purchasing that special fisherman the new rod he has been wanting so he can do have fun doing what he/she loves to do! Also, purchase a class for them that is taught here as well!
9. Owls Nest, Glitzy Chic and Blush 809. – All three of these awesome boutiques provide beautiful jewelry and accessories for the lady who loves looking good! Check out the video on two of these stores!
10. Love Dogs and Cats Too – What a great shop for the animal lover! High quality toys and products that are one of a kind. You can’t leave without finding something adorable for that special pet that is truly a family member!
There are tons more shops and ideas as well. Feel free to comment and share some great ideas with the readers! Happy shopping and thanks for shopping local!