1. The Turkey Trot – On Thanksgiving Day at 7 am, you and your family can head to downtown Blue Ridge to run/walk in a 5k race that will benefit various local charities.
2. Rollins Planatarium – Season of Lights show! – Three different Friday nights throughout the holidays (nov 16, nov 30, and dec 7) the Rollins Planatarium at Young Harris College will celebrate the season through the wonder of the planatariums star filled sky! Enjoy the beauty and get educated about all of our many seasons.
3. Christmas Parade in McCaysville – Talk about a town that goes all out for the holidays!! Beautiful McCaysville, Georgia, located 10 minutes from Blue Ridge will host a parade on December 1st. You will see Santa, a Christmas village, decorations and much more! Enjoy a great, festive day with the family. Guaranteed to make some fond holiday memories!
4. Light up Blue Ridge – Held the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Come see Santa and Mrs Clause arrive on the scenic railway at 11am. Enjoy a parade, lots of festivities, food and fun all day long. The lighting of the tree will be at 6:15 in the evening! This is the event my family went to several years back that finalized our decision of moving to Blue Ridge…a wonderful mountain community!
5. Holidays at Blue Ridge Arts Center – Come to the art center that is such an asset to Blue Ridge! The Holiday Art and Show Sale will kick off on November 17th. It is free and you need to bring your shopping list as you may find lots of handmade beautiful gifts for your family and friends! All items are made from one of the fine artists!
6. Visit Blue Ridge Community Theater over the holidays to see one of their many fabulous shows! November 23rd through December 9th, they will be showing “Over the River and Through the Woods.” This is always a fabulous family time.
7. Head to Southern Tree Plantation in Blairsville to pick out a Christmas tree together and enjoy so many fun family activities including children’s train rides, hay rides and a petting zoo. Amazing place to visit!
8. Come and enjoy holiday shopping at the ever famous Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge. Your friends and family will love the gift baskets or boxes of fresh farm fruit, homemade jams and jellies, relish, fried pies and much more. My family could spend hours in here!!! Enjoy some hot apple cider in their tasting room and a nice lunch in their on site restaurant.
9. See the beauty of the Tree Lighting at Vogel State Park in Blairsville on Saturday December 8th from 4 to 6:30. Take in the beauty of one of Georgia’s most famous parks and see Santa Clause, take part in a hayride and Christmas carols!
10. Shopping in Downtown Blue Ridge – is always a great experience, however, in the holidays come and see what all the fabulous decorations and Christmas gifts that the local merchants will have for sale! I have almost completed my Christmas shopping so far just by visiting the downtown area. Take a break and enjoy a wonderful lunch in many of the local eateries including Harvest on Main or Christy Lees!
11. Visit downtown Ellijay’s Christmas Tour Of Homes on November 24th. See some of Ellijay’s oldest and most beautifully decorated homes. Also, enjoy an after hours party at Ellijay’s famous Tabor House! What a great way to get in the spirit of the season!
12. Last but not least, come enjoy the Christmas Express train ride!! Beginning November 23rd through December 24th, enjoy a Santa Express ride on the amazing Blue Ridge train. Hear Christmas stories and sing Christmas carols. Only a few short years in a kids life to really enjoy this…don’t let time get away!
These are just a few of the amazing adventures to enjoy this holiday season in many of the mountain towns. While you are here spending some of your holidays, please call us at North Georgia Mountain Real Estate to help you located a vacation home or cabin for your family. Just thing, next Christmas…you could be staying in your own place!!!!
8. Mercier Orchards
9. Blue Ridge Community Theater –
10. Tree Lighting at Vogel State Park –
11. A day of shopping –