It’s October and the fall season has officially started. For homeowners throughout North Georgia and nationwide, the change of season is a well-timed, “preventative maintenance” reminder.
As temperatures cool, there are a handful of do-it-yourself projects you should undertake in order to keep your home in tip-top shape through the winter. This 4-minute piece from NBC’s The Today Show highlights just a few of them.
Calling it a “Fall Fix-Up Checklist”, The Today Show’s interview is fast-paced and wide-ranging. Some of the topics covered include :
- Pick up all fallen leaves to limit damage to grass and “critter” invasions
- Unclog gutters to protect windows and foundations
- Turn off outside water sources and remove water from pipes and hoses
The home-tip video also shares how to find air leaks in your home, and how to fix them. Reducing air leaks can lower your home’s heating and cooling bills by thousands of dollars annually.
Although the highlighted projects are DIYs, you may feel more comfortable hiring a professional. Know your “handyman limits”, and remain safe at all times.
- How To Clean Your Home Gutters (thefrontporchview.com)
- Is Your Home For Sale Standing Out From The Crowd? (thefrontporchview.com)