Whether your home style is rustic cabin, country cottage, traditional, craftsman or modern style everyone needs to be comfortable in their family room AKA living room. Here in the North Georgia mountains, we have so many different home styles and we recommend that everyone should love the living room most because that’s the place you spend most of your time. Can’t seem to create a living room that feels quite right? Looking for some styling tips that will bring your living room up a notch? Here are five ideas that can dramatically improve your living room. Have fun & share your finished ideas!
- Move the furniture away from the walls: The tendency is to place your furniture against the walls, but giving it a little room to breathe will make the seating area seem cozier while also making the room seem more spacious.
- Mix old and new pieces: Using the same furniture set to furnish an entire room can make it seem a bit sterile. Try mixing and matching different pieces and styles to give your living room a more eclectic feel.
- Keep everything low: Arranging photos and artwork lower on walls will make a room appear larger, and can also draw more attention to the pieces themselves.
- Place a bookshelf behind the sofa: It doesn’t have to be your entire personal library. Mix and match books with knick-knacks and other items to add some depth and texture to the space behind your sofa.
- Try a smaller coffee table: Your current coffee table is probably larger than it needs to be, and it may be dominating the room. Try downsizing to a table that can still hold magazines, a centerpiece, and a few drinks, but will also give you a bit more room to move around your furniture.
Hope you enjoy this lifestyle tip. Have more great info like this sent directly to your inbox below! Enjoy the mountain life of North Georgia.
The Mountain Life Team | KW Realty Partners 706-745-3123 or email@example.com
Check out these amazing North Georgia Properties!